Sunday, May 16, 2010

Operation Move

Ahhh I am officially moved :) I am so excited to be in a new place (parents house) and out of that apartment. Don't get me wrong though, I loved our apartment but the location was horrible. We were across a drawbridge which was under construction and we were sorta kinda trapped during the weeknights. Sunday-Thurs from like 11-4 AM the bridge was closed to all traffic except for emergency personnel. Meaning the only way to get to the mainland was to drive 40 minutes out of the way rather than literally cross the damn bridge. It was a total pain also because when they aren't doing construction it is a working bridge on a very busy channel of water. It can open every 30 min. and let me just tell you sailboats take a long ass time to get through. All in all I will miss our first apartment as a married couple just not the location it was in.

The cats LOVE my parents house. They have never been anywhere this big and I think they are still a little awestruck by it. They explore each room and constantly head up and down the stairs. As I sit and watch tv I hear them running the length of the house and then sliding on the wood floor after hauling ass down the staircase. It's so funny. Plus Brewer, our less talkative male cat, has been meowing non-stop. I swear he just likes the sound of his voice in a big open space. That or he is yelling to his sister "omg look what else I found in here". It's too cute and we both totally love it.

Most of my stuff has been moved and Clay is staying here with me until he moves in at school in July. I'm so happy he is staying here and that I even got him to stay here tonight :). We are heading back to the apartment tomorrow to pack up some more stuff and then soon we will be canceling our cable which will be awesome. Totally excited for a cheaper cable bill....digital cable is WAY too expensive. We still have my love seat to bring to my parents house and then our big sofa to take to the storage unit. Our washer and dryer also have to go and that will be a pain as well. It's good though because we don't technically have to be out until the end of the month so we will have lots of time to clean and get everything done before the final carpet clean and move out day. We are praying we get our deposit back as long as they don't notice the cats...well....love on the carpet :). Luckily they don't do that anymore but as kittens they just thought it was a fun scratching toy. Clay is going to try to trim the frayed edges and camouflage it as best as we can.

All in all it was a successful day and hopefully with a yucky rainy week ahead we can get a lot done. I start school on the 25th :( booo

No comments:

Post a Comment