As I look through many of the fashion blogs and fashion websites I come to a sad reality - I am NOT fashionable. At least not to anyone who matters. I am one of those people that finds something that works for me and I stick with it forever. I try new things but I don't look to Cosmo or Elle or any of the 1000's of fashion magazines to pick my next outfit. I figured I'd do a quick post on some of my biggest fashion pet peeves because obviously I am someone to look to for fashion *eye roll*
1) Booties - These drive me crazy. If you are going to wear a boot then wear a boot...don't wear a half-assed boot. It's just bad. Wearing them at all bothers me, wearing them WITH shorts or a short skirt physically pains me. It's just a fashion trend that I hope moves on quickly
2) Skinny Jeans - Now before I get attacked let me explain. Yes, they do look good on ultra skinny girls with minimal curves. However, there are only about 4 of those girls in existence at any one time. They are typically worn by girls with larger feet and larger hips and they end up making the girls look MUCH larger than they really are. Maybe it's just because I was brought up when flared jeans were coming back but I will always be a boot cut type of girl.
3) Military style boots - I think those speak for themselves really.
4) Crocs (crock of shit??) - No...please God no. If you are wearing them to garden or possibly to work that's fine. But if you aren't an adorable 4 year child then you shouldn't be wearing them.
5) Uggs - the issue with Uggs is that people don't generally wear them when it's cold. They are worn with denim skirts (vomit) and jean shorts (double vomit). If it is warm enough to wear those outfits then fur boots aren't necessary. However, if you are from the Artic then please by all means wear your Ugg boots with pride! I must also point out... uggs...ugly...really it's just too easy.
6) Denim button up shirts - I can't help but remember 2nd grade when I see these. I think mine had Mickey Mouse on it.
7) Toms - Maybe I just don't get it or something??
8) Shoulder pads - I only like these in Peacoats or certain business suits. Most of the time they just make things look too masculine.
Obviously I'm not a fashion guru and I don't ever want to be. I prefer to be comfortable over fashionable and I'm ok blending into a crowd. I just like clothes that look good on me and are my style. I will never wear something because someone else does or because I feel like I'm supposed to. Hate it if you want to but at least it's my opinion :)